COMPLIMENTS THAT AREN’T ABOUT PHYSICAL APPEARANCE
1) You’re empowering.
2) I like your voice.
3) You’re strong.
4) I think your ideas/beliefs matter.
5) I’m so happy you exist.
6) More people should be listening to what you have to say.
7) You’re a very warm hearted person.
8) It’s nice seeing such kindness.
9) You’re very down to earth.
10) You have a beautiful soul.
11) You inspire me to become a better person.
12) Our conversations bring me a lot of joy.
13) It’s good to see someone care so much.
14) You’re so understanding.
15) You matter a lot to me.
16) You’re important even if you don’t think so.
17) You’re intelligent.
18) Your passion is contagious.
19) Your confidence is refreshing.
20) You restore my faith in humanity.
21) You’re great at being creative.
22) You’re so talented at ____.
23) I don’t get tired of you the way I get tired of other people.
24) You have great taste in ___.
25) I’m happy I stayed alive long enough to meet you.
26) I wish more people were like you.
27) You’re so good at loving people.
So I had this crazy idea today… to try on this old shirt… Or should I say dress… lol. and oh my! Sometimes I forget just how far I’ve come. And this was definitely a reminder. People ask me everyday how I did it. and especially how I kept going… even on the bad days. Honestly its a mindset. If you can change your mind, you can change your body. Changing the way you think is more than half the battle. You have to want it badly enough to endure the pain of change. Which there will be pain. And you have to be willing at any given moment… to give up temporary sastisfation for long term success. I made up my mind✔ Changed my mindset on how I viewed food and ultimately how I viewed myself✔and stopped making excuses✔if I can do it…. I truly believe anyone can. I know the pain of this battle and I hate to see others stuck in the struggle. Posting these pictures is still super vulnerable for me… But if it helps anyone who’s in the process… Then I consider it to be worth it. So be encouraged! :) follow my instagram for more pictures and progress to come! @sheriboberry ;) #transformation #transformationtuesday #beforeandafter #mindovermatter #fitfam #dedicated #motivation #juicing #paleo #instafit #fitness #health #fitnessjourney #weightloss #musclegain #gains #noexcuses #livehealthyselfie #samegirl #samedress #killedit
The Best Running Form!
I saw this posted at the SF Marathon Expo and I wanted to share it with everyone. I realized that I tend to “sit in the bucket” and favor heelstriking. From now on, I’m going to try standing taller with a slight forward lean. This encourages a midfoot strike as well! Hopefully this will prevent injuries and allow me to run faster with less effort. I read somewhere that, "running is like controlled falling." That’s why you want to have a slight forward lean. You can read more here: http://www.runningplanet.com/training/running-form.html
Poor Form (Sitting in the Bucket):
- Body vertical.
- Foot lands in front of body
- Reaching forward with legs and arms
- Ankle flexed up
- Heelstrike and tight shins
- Collapsing at the core
- Hips behind heel strike
- Long stride
- Body aligned
- Slight forward lean
- Midfoot strike
- Stride opens behind
- Midfoot landing
So now you have lots of think about while you’re out running those long miles! Happy running (or working out in general) =)
if it’s late enough and you’re lonely enough, the carly rae jepsen lyric “before you came into my life i missed you so bad” starts seeming increasingly deep and emotionally complex
3:02 AM and this fucking lyric looks like fucking nietzsche
stare into the abyss and the abyss will call you maybe